First Income Tax Return after Completing Medical Residency

Income tax time is here. I’ll be posting some articles soon on income tax for professionals. In the meantime, here is a related article I wrote for medical residents and their first income tax return after residency.

The Medical Accountant

Personal Income Tax Return for Doctors in BC

Transitioning to medical practice from residency is a big step.

Completing the requirements of the program, writing certification exams, finding work, getting licensed, applying for hospital privileges, setting up CMPA coverage, etc.  There is so much to be done before you can start practicing.

Some things get pushed aside until it’s time to deal with them.

Income tax is often one of those things. And with April 30 approaching, it’s now time.

View original post 1,650 more words

About John Moore

I am a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA,CA) based in Vancouver, BC who helps doctors, dentists, lawyers and other business professionals keep more of what they earn. I provide tax, accounting and financial planning services for professionals and business owners.
This entry was posted in Doctors, Income Tax, Medical Residents. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s